The Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation provides vision services through education, detection, prevention, and treatment. Through collaborative partnerships, we enable greater independence and increased quality of life for Georgians in financial need.
We are building a better tomorrow by bringing individuals into a world of sight.
About Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation
- Average patient cost exam/glasses = $25/person vs $300 for profit
- 52 Georgia counties currently have little or no access to eye care*
- 30% of Georgia counties lack eye care services
- 1.4 million Georgians do not have health insurance, and Georgia’s uninsured rate of 13.7 percent is third highest in the country. In rural Georgia, the uninsured rate could climb to more than 25 percent by 2026
- 408,000 low-income Georgians do not qualify for Medicaid in Georgia and make too little to get financial help to buy private insurance at healthcare.gov. These Georgians have incomes below the poverty line (less than $12,769 a year for an individual or $21,720 a year for a family of three) and fall into the coverage gap with no affordable health insurance options.
- Beth Ehrhardt, Executive Director
- Lori Miller, Chief Program Officer
- Nanon Morrison, Chief Development Officer
News and Events
Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation Launches Statewide Tele-Optometry Vision Program
Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation announces the first statewide Tele-Optometry vision program to serve uninsured and underinsured children, adults, and seniors in Georgia. Learn more.
Walk participants use their legs to help others use eyes and ears
The Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation’s inaugural Strides 4 Sight & Sound walk held April 23. The walk is little over a mile and was designed to be doable for community members over a wide range of ages and abilities, including those with vision limitations. Learn more at The Champion.
Strides 4 Sight & Sound Inaugural Walk
Join us on April 23, 2022 as Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation holds its inaugural walk, Strides 4 Sight & Sound. You can join us in person or virtually as we raise funds to provide Georgians with vision and hearing services. Learn more on our Strides 4 Sight & Sound website.
Buy a Brick, Bring Vision and Sound to Georgians
Leave a lasting legacy for yourself or a loved one. Help support the mission of Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation to provide vision and hearing services through education, detection, prevention and treatment. Your contribution to the Legacy Brick program will allow us to create an outdoor sanctuary for patients, families, staff members and volunteers. Information can be found by visiting the brick markers page or contact Fran Schefer at 770-738-4675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.